Welcome to my first ‘Christmas Bakes’ post. I will be posting 1 or 2 of my recipes with a video on my youtube channel every week until Christmas! If you make any of my bakes, please tag me on twitter or instagram, i would love to see your creations!! I hope you like my recipes and videos as much as i enjoyed writing and filming/editing them!
Happy Baking! x
*scroll down for video*
Plain Flour 250g
Soft Brown Sugar 100g
Syrup 4 tbsp
Unsalted Butter 50g
Ground Ginger 1 and 1/2 tsp
Mixed Spice 1/2tsp
Salt – Pinch
Bicarb 2 tsp
Icing Sugar 200g
Oven should be preheated at 180C. Line baking trays.
- In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients. mix well.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and syrup together.
- Slowly mix the butter mix into the dry ingredients.
- Using your clean hands, form a dough. The dough should be dry but holding itself together well.
- cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Dust the surface with flour and roll the dough out. (1/4 inch thick)
- Using your favourite cutters, cut shapes out and transfer to the baking trays ensuring there is plenty of room in between the biscuits.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and leave to cool. The biscuits will still be soft when ready but will set as they cool.
- in a large bowl, add a tiny bit of water to the icing sugar, using a fork/whisk mix the water in, add more if needed. This should be thin enough to pipe but thick enough to pipe patterns.
- Put the icing in a piping bag and pipe any pattern you want on your biscuits! Leave to set and enjoy! x
Optional – Pierce a hole on the top of the biscuits before baking to make Christmas decorations!
Tip – Use vegan butter and gluten free ingredients for a vegan and gluten free biscuit!
Please subscribe and like the video!