Hey guys I hope you’re all well! Today I’ve got a real treat for you, perfect for a Saturday in the house hiding away from this horrible British weather! I hope you like this post and will try it out for yourself! If you do try out any of my recipes and DIYs, please tag me on Instagram or Twitter, I’d love to see your pictures! Instagram: littlegirlfromwales Twitter: Littlegfwales
Cake (i base it on the weight of the eggs)
Eggs – 3 (mine were 6oz)
Self Raising Flour 6oz
Caster sugar 6oz
Cocoa Powder – 1oz
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
1 can of condensed milk
Icing sugar 6oz
Cocoa powder 3tbsp
Milk 1tbsp if needed
Chopped up mars bar to decorate.
Preheat the oven to around 170C. Prepare the cupcake tins by putting cupcake cases in.
- First, put the can in a saucepan and cover with water. Simmer for 3 hours. Leave to cool in the can without opening.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a large bowl, until fluffy.
- Add the eggs into the butter mixture.
- sieve in the flour, cocoa and baking powder slowly and mix until combined.
- Put the mix into the cases and bake for around 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Onto the buttercream. Beat the butter until soft.
- Slowly add the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the milk (if needed).
- Put in a piping bag with a star nozzle and store in the fridge.
- Using an apple corer, take out the middle of the cupcakes.
- pipe the condensed milk (that should be a caramel) into the core.
- Now the buttercream, pipe a blob in the centre then pipe around making sure you bring it up to create a swirl.
4.Drizzle the cupcakes with the caramel.
5.Decorate the cakes with the mars bar.